Cincinnati West Soccer Club is one of the fastest growing youth soccer clubs in the area because of our unique and strong focus on being team and family friendly while still meeting the soccer development needs of our players at all skill levels and ages. As you can see from looking around our website, we have over 900 players learning the game of soccer, learning life lessons from the game and being involved with a team and program, and being better prepared for success as an adult. Our teams compete at all levels of the Cincinnati United Soccer League (CUSL) as well as the Buckeye Premier Youth Soccer League (BPYSL), The Premier League (TPL) and the Ohio South State League. Many of our players find that the varied development and competitive levels offered by CWSC along with our experienced, nationally licensed training staff, including current and former college and high school coaches and players have well-equipped many our play for the “next level”. CWSC players have a strong record of accomplishment at both the high school and college levels. We are proud of every one of our players and teams, and we hope that you decide to join the CWSC family.
Gulf Park and Valley Junction
513-941-5127 ext 41
513-728-3551 ext 383
Will say soccer if soccer is canceled
For sessions run by the DOPD check the ‘Sessions Cancellations’ page under the DOPD tab.
The Cincinnati West Soccer Club is proud and excited to offer the Academy Program for boys and girls U6 thru U8 this spring!
The club recognizes that appropriate instruction at early ages fosters success at older ages.
This program is designed to be the developmental connection from recreational soccer to select soccer in a fun positive environment.
For Academy Program info and registration check out ‘Academy Program’ under the ‘Players’ tab or Click here.
From Dave Humphrey's Flames:
Chrissy Holt signed with Thomas More College!!!
Drema Keyer signed with Mount St Joseph!!!
Maggie McMullen signed with Cincinnati Christian University!!!
Karley Sommerfield signed with Milligan College!!!
The CWSC Player Scholarship is a scholarship to recognize and support our dedicated student athletes who excel academically and play for Cincinnati West Soccer teams who will be attending college or university programs.
Cincinnati West is Proud to announce the winners of 2013...
Christine Laake and Jake Newman
The Cincinnati West Soccer Club Board of Directors (“the Board”) is excited to announce the new operating and hierarchy structure that we have put into place. The Board will still act as the “CEO” of the club and all decisions must be approved through the Board. Reporting to the Board will be a Director of Coaching and a Director of Player Development. These positions will each have a specific list of job duties, but will also have some responsibilities that cross over. Therefore they will need to work closely together. All the details haven’t been finalized but here is a high level overview of each position:
1. The Director of Coaching (DOC) will be responsible for all of the administrative work that Bill has taken care of such as fielding new teams to the club, placing teams at bracketing, all of the emails, and much more. They will also be responsible for organizing and coordinating tryouts. This person is responsible for training the coaches on the plans that the Director of Player development is establishing for the players. Reporting to the Director of Coaching will be a Boys Coordinator and a Girls Coordinator who will be utilized to assist the DOC. One primary duty of the coordinators will be game evaluations (of coaches and players).
2. The Director of Player Development (DPD) will have the training staff and the goalkeeper training staff reporting to them. This person will be in charge of all player development as well as age group specific training plans. They will also be responsible for attending games and evaluating teams / players to help formulate a development strategy for the club.
The Board is happy to announce that Kevin Spraul has accepted the Director of Coaching position and Dave Ruehl has accepted the Director of Player Development position. We are extremely excited about this new structure of the club and the opportunity it provides for additional player development and growth.
The Board feels this is an extremely good move for the club and we are excited to have Dave and Kevin in these positions to help lead Cincinnati West Soccer Club.
For the 2012 fall and 2013 spring seasons, the following are the Training Priorities and Goals for all CWSC players and teams. Our Training staff and coaches will be focused on these priorities during training sessions, player development and matches.
Technical Training Priorities
Our technical training will specifically focus our players on increasing her/his individual ability to be more confident with the ball, maintain possession and compete with appropriate speed of play.
1. We will improve the technical ability of every player every season.
2. The quality of our first touch and control of the ball will be better than that of our opponent.
3. Our players will make good and quick decisions and play effectively when under pressure of time and/or space.
4. Thru our superior technical skills we will individually and collectively maintain possession against our opponents.
Tactical Training Goals
Our tactical training will specifically focus on playing as a team -- playing and succeeding as one, unified, cohesive unit.
1. We defend as a team - every player defends and we defend to win possession.
2. We attack as a team, using multiple strategies including both combination and counter-attacking play.
3. We maintain possession and control the pace of the match thru our superior teamwork.
4. Our players understand and respect the Laws of the Game.
If you have a CWSC uniform and no longer need it, please contact Tammy Kidd at firstname.lastname@example.org. We can purchase the uniform you no longer need as long as it is in average to good condition.
Having trouble finding the perfect gift for your favorite soccer fan? Check out our Cincinnati West Apparel from Soccer Village.
Items include... Hooded Sweatshirts, T-Shirts,
Quarter Zips, Beanies, Baseball Hats, Headbands, Sweatpants,
Capri's, Pajama Pants, and Boxer Shorts.